School Choice & Parental Options will facilitate a mandatory virtual Magnet training for all new and existing Magnet Lead Teachers and Magnet support staff. Each Magnet School must be represented in the training by the Magnet Lead Teacher. Magnet support staff member(s) who assists with the Magnet application and/or registration process are highly encouraged to attend as well.
Essential/Critical components will include:
- A one-hour Introduction Zoom Meeting at 10:00 am, on September 20, 2021.
- Online Training course modules which include:
- Magnet Board Policy and Compliance
- Magnet Guidelines and Procedures
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Standards of Excellence for Magnet Programs
- Marketing & New Recruitment Plan
- Magnet Application System
Magnet training questions will be addressed through live Zoom sessions on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 through Friday, September 24, 2021, and Monday, September 27, 2021 from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. These sessions are made available to address any Magnet training related questions. Attendance to the Live Zoom Q&A sessions is optional.
Participants will have the opportunity to earn Master Plan Points. Information will follow as it pertains to obtaining Master Plan Points and registering through My Learning Plan.
If you have any questions, please contact the School Choice & Parental Options office at 305-995-1922.
NO substitute funding will be provided for this training.
- Lectures 69
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 148
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes